Friday November 16, 2018 from 6 pm – 9 pm at Rocky Springs , 1495 Millport Rd, Lancaster Pa. 3 Hours of Bowling, Shoes, pizza, soda, veggie tray all FREE to LBC MEMBERS. But I do need to know you are coming to reserve the number of lanes needed. (Private Suite unavailable this year but lanes are together). RSVP if you are coming please to email@example.com.
The ride for this year is now SOLD OUT! Thank you for your support. There is no day-of registration.
You can still register for the pre-ride dinner that will be held Saturday night. Learn more and register at https://www.bikereg.com/lcbc.
We are also looking for a few more volunteers, especially Lancaster Bicycle Club members. Sign up to help at the ride here: http://signup.com/go/BkTgDRA
Over $37,000 awarded by the Club for bike-related initiatives for 2018, including 50 bike racks in Lancaster City
The Lancaster Bicycle Club has announced the recipients of its annual grant program for 2018. A total of over $37,000 is being donated this year.
Seven different organizations received funds from the club’s 2018 open grant application program. Grants are awarded for bicycling-related projects, advocacy, and/or education. In addition to the open grant applications, the club earmarks grant funds every year for covered bridge maintenance in Lancaster County and supports a scholarship at Harrisburg Area Community College in Lancaster.
Projects supported as part of the 2018 grant program include:
- 50 new bike racks installed across the city of Lancaster (City of Lancaster)
- Bike safety program for 6th grade students (School District of Lancaster)
- Adapted bikes for students with disabilities (School District of Lancaster)
- Bike replacements for Bike Ambassador Program (Lancaster City Alliance)
- Bike transportation rack (East Hempfield Township Police Department)
- Bike repair station in Reservoir Park (The Common Wheel)
- BMX bike course improvements at J. Edward Mack Scout Reservation (Boy Scouts of America: Pennsylvania Dutch Council)
- Bike Equipment for youth members (LifeCycles)
Funds for the grant program come from the club’s annual Lancaster Covered Bridge Classic fundraising bike ride, which is held each August. Register for this year’s ride here: https://lancasterbikeclub.net/cbc