Lancaster Covered Bridge Classic
Sunday August 20, 2017
The Lancaster Covered Bridge Classic (formerly the Covered Bridge Metric Century) is a classic Pennsylvania ride now in its 39th year. It offers beautiful routes of 100 miles, 62 miles, 31 miles, and 15 miles, covering some of the most scenic cycling terrain anywhere. Each route traverses through covered bridges and past Amish farms.
The routes all cover rolling terrain with only moderate climbing with the exception of 100 mile route. The 100 mile option is a challenging ride that includes a hilly 38 mile loop that starts and ends at the lunch rest stop in Stevens, PA. There are no official rest stops on the 38 mile loop, so please stock up at the lunch stop.
Proceeds from the ride benefit the Lancaster Bicycle Club’s grant program. Over $275,000 has been donated for covered bridge restoration and bike-related initiatives since 1999.
Date: Sunday August 20, 2017
Start: Rolling start: 7 am – 9 am. Riders must start before 9 am and end by 3:30 pm.
- Rider packet including wristbands will be mailed to you early August. You must wear the wristband to participate.
- There are no day of registrations.
- There is no on-site check-in required.
- Helmets are REQUIRED.
- Lunch is provided on the 100 mile and 62 mile route and lunch is provided to all riders at the start/finish.
- Each route is well marked.
- The ride is fully supported with frequent rest stops and mechanical support.
- SAG services courtesy of Central Penn AAA for transport if you cannot continue. Learn more at AAA.com/bike
- All rules of the road must be followed.
- On-site parking at HACC campus.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult rider.
- T-shirts are available for $15 each and order must be placed by 7/15. Jerseys are available for $60 and order must be placed by 6/30.
- The LCBC is part of the Bicycling Trifecta, a collaboration of Central Pennsylvania’s 3 Premier cycling events. Learn more about how to participate in the Bicycling Trifecta and receive a commemorative mug.
Registration is now closed. Stay tuned for details on the 40th annual Lancaster Covered Bridge Classic.
Photos from the ride:
Club member Steve Holland will have a team of photographers strategically stationed along the ride routes to capture photos of our riders and the beautiful Lancaster county scenery and covered bridges. These photos will be available for sale on his website, www.zenfolio.com/imaginations. Available items will include digital downloads and prints in popular sizes, all at very reasonable prices. And best of all, proceeds benefit the Conner M Holland Foundation (www.cmhollandfoundation.org), which provides financial support to families of children with pediatric cancer, and runs the Conner’s Comfies ™ program that distributes new pajamas to sick children at the Hershey Medical Center and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). Visit his tent to learn more about the Foundation!