As an LBC member I promise to practice good sportsmanship and conduct myself in a respectable manner at all cycling and non-cycling events where I am representing the LBC. (“Representing the club” is considered to be anytime you are at an event where you are registered as an LBC member, and/or anytime you are wearing apparel that includes the name and/or logo of LBC.) Inappropriate and unacceptable behavior includes but is not limited to:
- Physical abuse to any person or property while riding or at any club event.
- Use of foul language, making obscene gestures towards any person while riding or at any club event.
- Malicious actions at an LBC event that endangers the well-being of others.
- Unlawful activity, including theft or fraud, intentional damage to property; and use, sale, possession, or distribution of illegal drugs.
- Non-consensual physical contact, threatening or bullying behavior, unwanted sexual advances, and any other inappropriate behavior.
- Conduct which is hostile, abusive, harassing, or discriminatory toward others.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol at LBC events or reporting to these events while inebriated or under the influence illegal drugs.
- Other inappropriate conduct that reflects poorly on LBC and/or upon cycling in general.
- Repeated failure to honor commitments undertaken as an LBC member.
- Failure of any member to report inappropriate activity or unacceptable activity as noted in the following: Members who experience or witness inappropriate or unacceptable activity as outlined above are expected to promptly report the issue to a club officer (President, Vice-president, Secretary, or Treasurer). To facilitate a prompt investigation, we urge that such reports be in writing with a description of the incident(s), names of the individuals involved, names of witnesses; and relevant dates, times, and locations.
As an LBC Member, I will:
- Abide by all relevant traffic regulations whether on individual or group rides; respecting rules of the road and maintaining safe riding habits.
- Assist any rider having mechanical or physical difficulties on LBC rides when they are unable to continue to ride safely.
- Select the appropriate ride pace for my ability on LBC rides and ride within the advertised pace or relinquish this responsibility by informing the ride leader that I intend to ride at a faster or slower pace. I understand this will separate me from the club ride.
LBC members must be conscious of their role as ambassadors to the non-cycling and recreational cycling communities. The LBC logo, such as on apparel, is an advertising vehicle for the club. Failure to abide by bicycling traffic laws, if observed by the public can be extremely detrimental to the club’s image. Disciplinary actions may result in the revocation of all membership perks and/or privileges. All members demonstrating a manifest unwillingness to meet this Code of Conduct will be subject to suspension of club privileges or their club membership.
Ride participants under the age of sixteen may participate on club rides only if accompanied throughout the event by a parent or guardian who is a member of the club. LBC Membership is a privilege. Membership may be revoked, suspended, or denied; if after due consideration, an assembled quorum of the Board determines by 2/3 vote, that a member is in material violation of this Code of Conduct.
As approved by Board of Directors, 2/26/18