Lancaster Bicycle Club Membership
Whether you are an experienced rider or new to bike riding, the Club offers benefits for you. The Club carefully plans rides and related events such as bike-safety courses that result in self-confidence, physical fitness, and improved technical skills. Members support and encourage each other, learn from each other, and enjoy the camaraderie of riding in a group.
Members span all age and skill levels. Cyclists under 16 years of age are required to have an adult family member accompany them on rides.
Why become a member?
By joining the Club, you are helping to support the Club’s activities such as offering numerous group rides every week of the year, social events, and the annual Lancaster Covered Bridge Classic ride event. The Club has awarded over $300,000 in grants for bicycling-related projects since 1999. The Club primarily raises its grant proceeds through the Lancaster Covered Bridge Classic, which is held each August.
Lancaster County is blessed with hundreds of miles of country roads with little or no traffic. This provides a large variety of routes for Club rides. Numerous rides are scheduled every weekend throughout the year and depart from various locations throughout the county.
Experienced ride leaders are dedicated to the safety and well-being of the group. Rides vary in speed, distance, and terrain. Ride information is available before the scheduled start and cue sheets are provided to participants.
As a member of the Lancaster Bicycle Club, you are eligible to discounts at the following bicycle shops:
- Bicycle Barn: 10% off accessories and parts. Bike discounts
- Trek Bicycle Lancaster: 10% off parts and accessories, not labor
- Green Mountain Cycle: 10% off all accessories
- Intercourse Bike Works: 15% off apparel NOT sale items. Preferred service (less than 24 hour turn around)
- Lititz Bike Works: 15% off apparel NOT sale items. Preferred service (less than 24 hour turn around)
- Martins: 10% off apparel. 12 month interest free financing
- Recumbents of Lancaster: 15% off for Veterans
- Shirks Bike Shop: 10%of parts & supplies. 5% off bikes
Other Lancaster Bicycle Club member benefits:
- Evolution Power Yoga: 3 months unlimited for $120 (1/2 off)
- Oxenberg Eye Care: 20% off on all Rudy Project Sports Eyewear and 10% off all other services (10% discount excludes any vision plans).
Monthly Online Newsletter – The Pedaler
The Pedaler is our newsletter. It is published 10 times a year. It includes ride schedules, advocacy information, local bike shop ads, information about special Club events, and features about members and their cycling activities.
Special Events & Affiliations
Organized Club-sponsored tours are frequently offered to our members. Day rides include trips to Annapolis, Hershey, and Gettysburg. Cape May, Cambridge, St. Michael’s, and the Seagull Century in Maryland have been overnight destinations. The Club also hosts happy hours and social events throughout the year. Lancaster Bicycle Club members frequently organize trips to attend special cycling events sponsored by other clubs in the area. Our own Lancaster Covered Bridge Classicis a nationally known bicycling event that is held each August.
Lancaster Bicycle Club is affiliated with the Bicycle Access Council, Adventure Cycling Association, and other organizations that are constantly working to advocate for cyclists’ rights.
Become a Member Today! Member Signup