Lancaster Bicycle Club Grant Program
We regret that we will not be able to award grants for 2021. The grant program money comes from the Covered Bridge Classic. We were unable to host this ride in 2020. We hope to resume the grant program for 2022.
The Lancaster Bicycle Club’s long-running grant program provides funds to support bicycle-related activities and initiatives in Lancaster County. Since 1999, the Lancaster Bicycle Club has awarded over $480,000 in grants. Grants are typically awarded annually. Grants are made at the sole discretion of the Lancaster Bicycle Club. Grant funds primarily come from the net profits of the Club’s annual Lancaster Covered Bridge Classic ride, which is held each August.
In awarding grants, the Club is guided by the following principles:
- Grants may be made to governmental, school, and non-profit organizations for:
- Facilities that directly improve the bicycling experience in Lancaster County. These may include but not be limited to: bicycle racks/parking areas, bicycle repair stations, bicycle lane markings, signs promoting bicycle rights/safety on roadways, etc.
- Repair and maintenance of facilities that are part of the bicycling experience in Lancaster County, such as trails, covered bridges, etc.
- Advocacy for bicyclists’ rights and safety
- Programs that promote bicycling in Lancaster County.
- Grants will not be awarded to for-profit companies, partnerships or LLCs
In making your request, please be specific and brief. General or overly broad applications that do not speak to a defined project or plan will not be considered.
Here are some guidelines to follow:
- If you are buying equipment, tell us how much you plan to spend for each item.
- If you are requesting money for a program, please be specific about the various costs you wish to have covered by the grant. Provide costs for materials, costs for design work, costs for implementation, costs for consultants or compensation to people involved in the project, etc.
- Be as specific as possible about the number and ages of people your program is expected to reach.