Over $37,000 awarded by the Club for bike-related initiatives for 2018, including 50 bike racks in Lancaster City
The Lancaster Bicycle Club has announced the recipients of its annual grant program for 2018. A total of over $37,000 is being donated this year.
Seven different organizations received funds from the club’s 2018 open grant application program. Grants are awarded for bicycling-related projects, advocacy, and/or education. In addition to the open grant applications, the club earmarks grant funds every year for covered bridge maintenance in Lancaster County and supports a scholarship at Harrisburg Area Community College in Lancaster.
Projects supported as part of the 2018 grant program include:
- 50 new bike racks installed across the city of Lancaster (City of Lancaster)
- Bike safety program for 6th grade students (School District of Lancaster)
- Adapted bikes for students with disabilities (School District of Lancaster)
- Bike replacements for Bike Ambassador Program (Lancaster City Alliance)
- Bike transportation rack (East Hempfield Township Police Department)
- Bike repair station in Reservoir Park (The Common Wheel)
- BMX bike course improvements at J. Edward Mack Scout Reservation (Boy Scouts of America: Pennsylvania Dutch Council)
- Bike Equipment for youth members (LifeCycles)
Funds for the grant program come from the club’s annual Lancaster Covered Bridge Classic fundraising bike ride, which is held each August. Register for this year’s ride here: https://lancasterbikeclub.net/cbc